1. You will meet amazing people
2. The overwhelming sense of absolute freedom
3. Traveling alone challenges your fears and insecurities
4. Fall in love
5. You can take the time to nurture yourself
6. You’ll have a chance to recreate yourself and be who you want to be
7. You can finally take time to leave everything else behind
In my opinion, the best thing about traveling alone is to be excited and scared at the same time and then realizing you are totally capable of managing yourself in an unknown place, being able to have fun, learn, share, and maybe even rediscover a new you. Each time you travel solo you’re giving yourself the chance to open a window to opportunities (that might surprise you) outside of your comfort zone. It’s showing yourself that YOU can do it, and THAT is empowering. It’s disconnecting from your everyday life in order to appreciate it even more when you get back home.
Next week I’ll be traveling solo to India for 5 weeks. I don’t know what might go right or wrong, what I will like or don’t like, no clue of what will happen. What I do know is that I’m giving myself a chance to explore something new in me and in my life, to hopefully grow and have more to give to myself and others. The countdown has started, wish me luck!